Baobab Oil, organic
The Baobab tree is able to live for thousands of years and is renowned in Africa, its country of origin, for its beneficial properties. Extracted from the seeds of the baobab fruit, the oil has a clear, golden yellow colour, a slightly nutty odour and is abundant in essential fatty acids. Although it has a rich consistency, the oil is easily absorbed, leaving no greasy or oily residue.
- Baobab oil is high in vitamins A, C, D and E. Vitamin C is vital in the formation of collagen – the tissue which gives skin its firmness – as well as having the powerful antioxidant properties which neutralize free radicals. Only a small amount of dietary vitamin C reaches the skin and studies have shown that applying vitamin C topically is twenty times more effective for the skin than when taken orally
- Vitamin A stimulates and increases the deposition of collagen and supports elastin (which gives skin its elasticity and helps reduce stretchmarks); vitamin D promotes the skin’s barrier against foreign microbes; vitamin E is a powerful, natural antioxidant. The antioxidant properties of the vitamins also protect the oil itself from oxidizing and breaking down, thereby increasing its stability and shelf life. Without these, the composition of the oil, being high in essential fatty acids, would make it susceptible to oxidation.
- Essential fatty acids known as Omega 3,6 and 9 in the baobab oil composition promote cell regeneration and aid vitamin absorption. Increasing omega oils into the body, both orally and topically, is particularly therapeutic for treating psoriasis and eczema.
- Baobab oil has a great ability to rehydrate skin therefore helping reduce wrinkles, soothe irritated or sun damaged skin and speed up wound healing.
- Effective oil to use in nailcare (massage into cuticles for healthy nails) and in haircare – used on wet hair for several minutes or added to the shampoo helps improve moisture in the hair and treat damaged and brittle hair. Also perfect for hair when combined with jojoba oil.
Consistency: easily absorbed oil
Fragrance: lightly nutty
Effect: soothed and smooth skin
Size: 30ml with a pipette
Suitable for all skin types. 100% vegan.
How to use:
Face and body – gently massage the oil into the skin with circular movements. Can be mixed with other carrier oils.
Hair – massage the oil into the hair ends and the scalp. Wrap with shower cap and a towel, leave for 10-20 minutes, shampoo thoroughly. Small amount can be also added to the shampoo.
Ingredients: Adansonia digitate oil (organic)