Hemp seed oil, organic
Regular price £3.99
Hemp seed has been consumed by mankind for centuries and is considered one of nature’s super foods. The oil does not contain the psychoactive substances that are present in certain varieties of the plant and can be drizzled on salads, added to smoothies or used topically on the skin and hair. Cold pressed from the seed, this dark green oil is fairly thick. If used as a carrier, it is best blended with another, lighter oil such as apricot or grapeseed. The oil leaves the skin with a silky feeling, helps to retain moisture and gives lustre to dry and brittle hair.
The oil’s outstanding property is its high content of unsaturated and essential fatty acids (75 to 80% of its makeup). It is particularly rich in omega 3 and contains an ideal balance of omegas 3 and 6. The omega oils, that the body is unable to produce by itself (3, 6 and 9), are essential to health. They are particularly important for generating and repairing cell membranes. Deficiencies in the omega oils will often manifest first in skin dryness and disorders – because if the omegas are in short supply the body will prioritize them for the brain. Keeping omega levels topped up in the diet is extremely important, but the body, especially the skin, is also supported through topical application.
- Hemp seed oil has been scientifically proven to improve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and help the healing of abrasions.
- It penetrates skin, makes it softer, locks in moisture and improves skin elasticity.
- The oil improves sebum production on dry and dehydrated skin.
- The oil’s vitamin E content gives it natural, anti-oxidant properties, beneficial for its anti-aging and protective properties for the skin, and also gives the product a natural preservative, increasing its shelf-life.
- The oil restores moisture levels in dry and dehydrated skin so it becomes more resilient. It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- A great conditioner for damaged and brittle hair. It moisturises it, protects it from further damage and moisturises scalp and helps reduce dandruff. The oil stimulates hair follicles to grow stronger hair and smoothes hair shafts. Scalp massage with hemp seed oil promotes blood circulation to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the scalp for better hair growth.
This oil does not contain THC therefore there are no hallucinogenic effects with this oil and no potential addiction issues. Also, it is not a CBD oil.
Common uses: Hair products; creams, lotions and balms for the treatment of dry, damaged or aging skin, massage blends.
Consistency: olive green to dark green in colour, easy to apply dry oil
Effect: smooth and relaxed skin, nourished hair, great for problematic skin
Fragrance: nutty, earthy, oily
Certifications: vegan and organic
How to use:
Apply a few drops to clean skin and massage gently until absorbed. Can be mixed with other oils and essential oils to create your own unique blend.
Store in a cool dry place out of the reach of children.
Ingredients/INCI: Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (organic)