Raspberry and hemp shampoo bar
Herbs & Hydro
Regular price £9.49
Innovative, biodegradable shampoo bar that contains no water or artificial preservatives. Its ingenious formula has lower pH in comparison to hair soaps, hence there is no need for a vinegar rinse after use.
Features and benefits:
• Does not contain soap - after washing your hair with soap, you usually need to vinegar rinse to lower the pH of the hair
• Efficient (up to 50 uses), low carbon footprint
• Ideal to take on travels, because it takes up very little space, can also be used to wash the whole body with it. It can be put in the hand luggage - save the space in your liquid bag for other skincare products when travelling by plane
• Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
•Tested on humans, not animals
• Great swap for plastic bottles that pollute our seas
• Sustainably sourced packaging, that can be reused, repurposed or recycled. Always wondered where to put these little spare buttons?
• Size: 55g
• Suitable for normal and moderately oily hair types
Main ingredients and benefits:
• SCI (sodium cocoyl isethionate) is a vegetable derived palm free mild surfactant. Eco friendly, biodegradable and very mild ingredient also often found in toothpaste and baby soap. Removes impurities from the skin and hair without drying them out. It has high foaming performance, stabilises and gives soft and silky after-feel.
• White clay – the mildest of all clay types used in skincare products with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It absorbs sebum and removes toxins from the skin.
• BTMS 50 (behentrimonium methosulfate) – rape seed oil derived surfactant, a mild emulsifier that makes the skin and hair feel soft and silky. Well tolerated by sensitive and irritated skin.
• Cetyl alcohol– fatty alcohol from coconut oil that has moisturising and smoothing properties. Adds hair volume and shine, acts as thickening and stabilising agent in the cosmetic products.
• Cacao seed butter – has almost 100% biocompatibility with the skin, rich in vitamin E and oleic acid with a strong moisturising and nourishing effect. Prevents inflammation and protects against harmful weather conditions.
• Red clay – great for normal, combination and capillary prone skin. It softens and smoothes, nourishes and adds shine. It has anti-inflammatory effect, seals blood vessels, perfectly cleanses the skin. High content of iron oxide gives it the pinkish colour. Great for people struggling with rosacea or skin sensitivity manifested by redness and dilated capillaries. Red clay has cleansing, soothing and caring properties, perfectly removes impurities and excess sebum from the skin. Used in hair products it makes them smooth, cleansed and refreshed.
• Carrageenan (red seaweed) – ingredient often used for dry and damaged hair. Protects epidermis in the skin and keratin in the hair. The carrageenan rubbed into the skin helps maintain the right level of moisture in the outermost layer of the skin.
• Hemp seed oil – extremely nourishing oil with anti-inflammatory, regenerating and hair growth stimulating properties. Adds shine and acts as an excellent UV filter. High levels of chlorophyll give the oil green colour.
• Raspberry seed oil (Rubus Idaeus Seed Oil) – contains a combination of omega 6 and omega 3 acids ideal for the skin. It is a strong free radical scavenger, due to the high content of flavonoids, tocopherols and carotenoids. It has very good anti-inflammatory properties, better than avocado oil, grape seed, hazelnut or wheat germ. Used on hair, it improves the softness and smoothness of the strands, increases the antioxidant protection of the scalp. A unique feature of the oil is its very strong protective effect against a wide spectrum of UV radiation.
• Hydrolate from Neroli (bitter orange flowers) (citrus aurantium amara flower water) – an ingredient with a subtle floral scent. Refreshes and brightens.
• D-Pantenol (Panthenol) – vitamin B5 provitamin with natural regenerating and soothing properties. Initiates cells regeneration process, reduces inflammation and has moisturising qualities.
• Vitamin E (Tocopherol) – natural vitamin E of plant origin. It has strong protective and anti-oxidant properties. Natural preservative.
How to use shampoo bar?
Using bar shampoo is only slightly different and takes several seconds longer to apply from traditional shampoo, but it's actually very simple. Remember to put the shampoo on the soap dish to dry after use so it last longer.
• Short hair – Thoroughly wet the hair and wet the shampoo bar, apply several strokes of the soap on the hair. Gently create some lather and work into your roots, massage the scalp. Rinse out.
• Longer hair – Lather shampoo bar in hands to avoid hair tangling and apply foam to the roots, massage the scalp. Make sure the lather reaches front, back and sides if you have lots of hair.
• Apply a conditioner if you like. You might want to try one of our hair conditioner bars.
• No need for vinegar rinse, as the shampoo bar has lower pH than the hair soaps.
Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI), White Clay, BTMS50 – Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Red Clay, Karagen, Cannabis (Hemp) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara Flower Water, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Parfum