Sweet almond oil, organic
Sweet almond is a member of the Rosaceae family and a relative of the peach, with which it shares certain qualities. The oil is clear with a pale, yellow colour and a pleasant aroma. It is cold-pressed from the seed (what we think of as the nut) of the tree. The oil is lubricating but not absorbed too quickly by the skin, making it one of the most popular carrier oils for massage and aromatherapy.
Be aware that this is a nut oil in case you have a nut allergy.
- Due to its wide range of vitamins – A, B1, B2, B6, D, and E – sweet almond oil is therapeutic in its own right. All the vitamins play important roles in skin healing and can be absorbed directly through a massage into the epidermis.
- The nourishing, moisturising and protectant qualities make the oil a popular choice in a wide range of body products and cosmetics. It is especially suitable for the treatment of burns (including sunburn) and dry and irritated skin.
- Sweet almond oil helps protect skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Effective on dry and itchy skin to ease the itch and alleviate the dryness and uncomfortable, sore skin.
- Used on hair promotes moisture retention and stimulates growth of stronger hair and helps reduce dandruff.
- Sweet almond oil is attributed with the ability to strengthen nails (by massaging the oil regularly into the cuticles).
- Perfect oil for double cleanse method.
Common uses: as a base for massage blends, oil-based natural perfumes, baby products, hair packs (to nourish and give shine to hair), eczema, and acne treatments.
Consistency: light oil, perfect as a carrier oil.
Effect: relieved, soothed skin
Fragrance: pleasant, lightly nutty
Certifications: vegan and organic
How to use:
Apply a few drops to clean skin and massage gently until absorbed. Can be mixed with other oils and essential oils to create your own unique blend.
Store in a cool dry place out of the reach of children.
Ingredients/INCI: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (organic)