Wood tar shampoo bar
Herbs & Hydro
Regular price £9.49
Innovative, biodegradable shampoo bar that contains no water or artificial preservatives. Its ingenious formula has lower pH in comparison to hair soaps, hence there is no need for a vinegar rinse after use.
Features and benefits:
- Does not contain soap - after washing your hair with soap, you usually need to vinegar rinse to lower the pH of the hair
- Efficient (up to 50 uses), low carbon footprint
- Ideal to take on travels, because it takes up very little space, can also be used to wash the whole body with it. It can be put in the hand luggage - save the space in your liquid bag for other skincare products when travelling by plane
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Tested on humans, not animals
- Great swap for plastic bottles that pollute our seas
- Sustainably sourced packaging, that can be reused, repurposed or recycled. Always wondered where to put these little spare buttons?
- Size: 55g
• Suitable for thin, delicate hair types, sensitive skin
Main ingredients and benefits:
- SCI(sodium cocoyl isethionate) is a vegetable derived palm free mild surfactant. Eco friendly, biodegradable and very mild ingredient also often found in toothpaste and baby soap. Removes impurities from the skin and hair without drying them out. It has high foaming performance, stabilises and gives soft and silky after-feel.
- White clay– the mildest of all clay types used in skincare products with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It absorbs sebum and removes toxins from the skin.
- BTMS 50 (behentrimonium methosulfate) – rape seed oil derived surfactant, a mild emulsifier that makes the skin and hair feel soft and silky. Well tolerated by sensitive and irritated skin.
- Betual alba oil - a dark, oily liquid with a characteristic smell of birch wood tar. Natural product with a strong anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, disinfecting and drying effect. Invaluable in softening and loosening the stratum corneum and reducing rapid multiplication of the stratum corneum. Perfect for itchy skin, dandruff, chronic skin inflammation.
- Cetyl alcohol– fatty alcohol from coconut oil that has moisturising and smoothing properties. Adds hair volume and shine, acts as thickening and stabilising agent in the cosmetic products.
- Cacao seed butter – has almost 100% biocompatibility with the skin, rich in vitamin E and oleic acid with a strong moisturising and nourishing effect. Prevents inflammation and protects against harmful weather conditions.
- Sikakai (Shikakai Powder) - shikakai nut extract, with a high content of natural saponins and slightly acidic ph. Used for centuries in Ayurveda as a washing and strengthening agent. Cleans without affecting the lipid protection of the hair. Does not dry out hair or scalp, stimulates hair growth and helps fight dandruff. Makes hair thicker and silky soft.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) - helps to improve hydration, skin elasticity and collagen production. Anti-inflammatory, reduces sebum production. It improves the condition of the hair, reduces excessive hair loss by strengthening the hair roots.
- Hydrolate from Neroli (bitter orange flowers) (citrus aurantium amara flower water) – an ingredient with a subtle floral scent. Refreshes and brightens
- Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil) - contains vitamin E and omega 6 fatty acids. Highly biocompatible with human skin, what gives it a perfect ability to regenerate, soothe, penetrate and moisturise hair cuticles. Underestimated in care for dry hair, damaged by dyeing, split ends. Gently darkens hair
- D-Pantenol(Panthenol) – vitamin B5 provitamin with natural regenerating and soothing properties. Initiates cells regeneration process, reduces inflammation and has moisturising qualities.
- Vitamin E(Tocopherol) – natural vitamin E of plant origin. It has strong protective and anti-oxidant properties. Natural preservative.
How to use shampoo bar?
Using bar shampoo is only slightly different and takes several seconds longer to apply from traditional shampoo, but it's actually very simple. Remember to put the shampoo on the soap dish to dry after use so it last longer.
- Short hair – Thoroughly wet the hair and wet the shampoo bar, apply several strokes of the soap on the hair. Gently create some lather and work into your roots, massage the scalp. Rinse out.
- Longer hair – Lather shampoo bar in hands to avoid hair tangling and apply foam to the roots, massage the scalp. Make sure the lather reaches front, back and sides if you have lots of hair.
- Apply a conditioner if you like. You might want to try one of our hair conditioner bars
- No need for vinegar rinse, as the shampoo bar has lower pH than the hair soaps.
Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI), White Clay, BTMS50 – Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol, Betual Alba Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Shikakai Powder, Niacinamide, Citrus Aurantium Amara Flower Water, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Panthenol, Tocopherol